Tired of dieting and weight-loss hacks that tend to yield zero results? Well, it’s time you try out liposuction to eliminate excess flab from your body. This particular type of cosmetic surgery has been gaining popularity over the last decade. It’s natural to crave for a smooth body shape. If you are done with starving yourself to eliminate body fat, talk to the experts regarding the liposuction procedure. At the outset, you should be knowing that liposuction is not a direct weight-loss process.
What is liposuction and why would you need it?
Lipoplasty, also referred to as liposuction, is a process for removing extra fat from your body. The process involves permanent removal of the fat cells. Therefore, if your fat cells hadn’t been responding to exercise and dieting, you can get them removed altogether.
At times, it turns out to be frustrating when dieting and exercising don’t respond in terms of reduced body fat. There might be certain body areas that never tend to shrink. Under such circumstances, liposuction surgery holds the answer to fat loss. You would love the smooth contours on your body once you undergo this treatment. Consult a professional regarding whether the treatment would suit you well.
The liposuction process would work fine on the following parts of your body
- Back and chest
- Buttocks and hips
- Neck, cheeks, and chin
- Upper arms
- Ankles and inner knee
- Upper arms
How does the liposuction surgery work?
The professionals use cannulas, a special instrument, and a liposuction machine during this surgery.
- Firstly, the surgeons will prepare the body parts that would be treated.
- Then they would put the area under general or local anesthesia.
- A small incision would be made, through which the surgeons would inject the tumescent fluid under your skin in the desired areas.
- Once the solution starts working, the fat gets dislodged. The professionals use a suction tube to vacuum this fat from underneath your skin. A large syringe, or a vacuum pump works on this suction area.
- When you target large areas of your body for <a href=” https://www.drbernier.com/en/”> liposuction </a>, the surgeons may make multiple punctures. To obtain the best contour, the surgeon may approach the area from several directions.
- The surgeons insert small drainage tubes into the deflated zones after removing the fat to do away with the fluid or blood.
- The surgery might involve a lot of blood or fluid loss, and at times, fluid replacement may be necessary. Although rare, blood transfusion may become a necessity due to excessive loss of the fluid.
- Lastly, the surgeon would place a compression garment, which you need to wear as per the instructions.
How to prepare for a liposuction surgery?
Once you reach out to a professional, the expert would brief you up regarding diet and other mediation necessary to prepare yourself for the liposuction surgery. In general, surgeons scrutinize the patient, checking out their medical records and conditions. In case you are taking any supplements, inform your surgeon before proceeding to the surgery. At times, you might have to stop taking regular medications like blood thinners. Besides, certain laboratory tests may be necessary.
In case you need to get a small amount of far removed, you can proceed with the liposuction surgery in an office setting. However, if the amount of fat is relatively larger, or you want to undergo other treatment processes simultaneously, an overnight stay in a hospital is recommended. In any case, make sure to have someone who can drive you back.
Reach out to an experienced surgeon for liposuction treatment, given that the procedure is delicate indeed. A seasoned surgeon would perfectly work on your fat cells and help you eliminate the same.
If you are looking into getting liposuction because you are overweight then you might be suffering from diabetes or blood clot problems. If this is the case, then you should consider joining a prescription advocacy program which can help you save a lot of money in the long run. You can even get a discount on Xarelto and many other prescription drugs by being in one of these programs.