Pores are the small openings in the skin that release sweat and oils. They are also connected to your hair follicles. If you have pores that appear large, it can be attributed to any of the following causes:
- Non comedogenic makeup
- Sun damage
- Increased sebum production (causes oily skin)
The good news is there are several enlarged pore treatments that can help minimize the appearance of pores. Some of the available enlarged pore treatments you now have access to include:
This high-impact enlarged pore treatment option can transform your skin dramatically in just a week. However, this should not be your treatment of choice if you need to attend an event as this requires a few days of downtime. If you can’t afford to have some downtime, consider other treatment options.
If you want smaller pores and a visibly illuminated skin, fractional laser is for you. What’s even more impressive is fractional laser can also help you achieve ultra soft, renewed, and a smoother texture. If you love having a glowing skin with dramatically smaller pores, this treatment will help you achieve the results you need.
This treatment option will feel like a facial at first. What makes this a great option is it can make your skin look airbrushed. Genesis can also make the pores of your skin appear lighter so a few sessions can have amazing results.
While there are many types of peels as well as depths, the result is the same—finer pores. For many, chemical peels should be a key component of any great pore shrinking and anti-aging skin regimen.
Hydrafacial is a great option to manually resurface the skin while infusing refining and pore cleansing ingredients at the same time. A favorite among many, this pore shrinking option can help you achieve silky smooth skin in just a few sessions. This is a great option if you are gearing for a night out and you want your skin to look great.
Pore Cleansing Facial
You don’t necessarily have to do deep facial treatments to achieve a smoother complexion. Each time you effectively remove debris, dirt, and oil from your pores, your skin will look more refined.
Below are other ways you can help achieve finer skin pores:
- Assess the skin care products you are using. If you want smaller pores, ensure you use products that are noncomedogenic. In other words, water-based is more preferable. Oil-based or comedogenic products are off-limits especially if you have oily skin. Too much oil can also cause large pores.
- Exfoliate with AHAs or BHAs. The American Academy of Dermatology considers exfoliating once or two times a week ideal. Exfoliation can also help effectively get rid of any excess flakes that clog your pores. Opt for exfoliants with AHAs or BHAs as both can help maximize the exfoliating benefits. As an added bonus, BHAs can penetrate deep into the pores to help treat acne.
- Moisturize to achieve balanced hydration. Many people skip using moisturizers thinking it will only add more oil to their face. However, nothing can be farther from the truth. Moisturizers actually help the natural sebum penetrate into the skin’s deep layers. This will not only minimize the oily appearance, it can also help effectively condition the skin. If you have especially large pores, it would be ideal to opt for a light and water-based moisturizer.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Sunscreen is considered a must-have even if you have oily skin. Sun damage will not only make your skin wrinkly, it can also dry out your skin and make your pores appear larger.