You may be familiar with turmeric as a spice often used in Indian cuisine. But did you know that this little golden root contains powerful medicinal properties?
Turmeric has long been used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine to treat a wide variety of ailments. Today, modern science is beginning to catch up, and there is mounting evidence to support the health benefits of this ancient remedy. Read on to learn more about the benefits and uses of turmeric capsules.
Benefits And Uses Of Turmeric Capsules
The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which boasts powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Curcumin supplements have been shown to be effective in treating a number of conditions, including arthritis, IBS, eczema, and even cancer. Additionally, curcuminoids have been found to improve cognitive function and memory. No wonder this little golden pill is being called a “super supplement!”
Turmeric capsules are an easy and convenient way to get your daily dose of curcuminoids. However, it’s important to choose a high-quality supplement in order to experience the maximum health benefits. Look for a supplement that contains black pepper extract (piperine), as this helps increase absorption. Also be sure to choose a vegetarian capsule, as many commercial turmeric supplements use gelatin capsules derived from animal products.
Lastly, be sure to speak with your doctor before taking any new supplement, as turmeric can interfere with certain medications. Additionally, pregnant and nursing women should avoid taking turmeric capsules unless advised by a healthcare professional.
7 Tips for Using Turmeric Capsules
- Start out slowly: As with any supplement, it’s important to start slow and gradually increase the dose until you find what works for you. Don’t exceed the recommended daily dose of 400-600mg of curcuminoids from turmeric capsules.
- Take it with food: Curcumin is best absorbed when taken with food, so take your turmeric capsule with a meal or snack.
- Take it consistently: For maximum benefit, take your turmeric capsules at the same time each day.
- Pay attention to interactions: Turmeric may interact with certain medications, so be sure to consult with your healthcare provider before taking it if you are on any prescription drugs.
- Drink plenty of water: Just like any other supplement, drinking plenty of water helps ensure that the curcuminoids are absorbed properly into your system. Aim for 8-10 glasses per day.
- Check expiration dates: Always check the expiration date before taking a supplement, as expired supplements won’t be effective.
- Seek out organic sources: Choose organic sources of turmeric capsules whenever possible, as this ensures that no synthetic chemicals or pesticides have been used in its production.
Whether you’re looking for relief from chronic inflammation or you’re simply interested in preventive health care, turmeric capsules are worth considering. Be sure to choose a reputable brand and always follow the recommended dosage instructions on the bottle. Happy supplementation!