Procrastination is the only thing that we all don’t procrastinate. I guess this would be the case regarding your health insurance as well. But if you were procrastinating your health insurance because you had a pre-existing condition, then I have something to tell you, you don’t have to delay it more and worry that whether you also could have a health insurance policy or not. Yes, it is possible to have a ประกันสุขภาพเหมาจ่าย even if you have a pre-existing disease.
Impact on health insurance-
What could be the possible effects on your health insurance if you have a pre-existing condition? Let’s have a look at a few of them-
- Embarking with the good one, the recent amendment made by IRDAI will aid you in reducing claim rejection rates in a health insurance policy.
- Back in 2010, your health insurance policy could get rejected because you had a pre-existing condition, or you could have had been charged more premium. But this is not the case now. Nobody could deny to give you a health insurance policy because of your pre-existing disease. Neither could they charge more from you.
- In my opinion, ACA plans could be a better option for people with such conditions in America, where a colossal number of people suffer from obesity.
- Some insurance companies might agree to cover your existing disease, but only after the completion of the waiting period, which is different for different types of illness and differs from one insurer to another, but is generally of 2 to 4 years.
- Short-term health insurance plans- Temporary health insurance plans are not for people with these conditions. Neither do these plans pay for your pre-existing conditions. Women who are pregnant are not eligible for this. At the same time, there are still few conditions that do not disqualify you from getting this. And the pregnant women can go for maternity expenses covered health insurance instead of this one.
- Sometimes there is premium loading for getting instant pre-existing health insurance coverage.
In today’s paced world where everybody is so busy in their lives, they don’t even have time to take care of their health. A health insurance policy becomes necessary, especially for people with pre-existing conditions, to meet unforeseen emergencies. The IRDAI new initiative has become a helping hand for the people who could not afford the ongoing treatment of their chronic illness.